Front Porch Farming, Front Porch Cooking, Front Porch Schooling, Front Porch Nutrition

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!


Most people like to induldge in wonderful chocolates on Valentines Day and who can blame them? Chocolate is the best thing EVER discovered. Aside from coffee (which I no longer drink anymore :( ), I think chocolate is the BOMB! Love, love, love, love all kinds of chocolates. I have had a love affair with chocolate for as long as I can remember. I have been known to eat full bags of Cadbury Mini Eggs in one sitting-without blinking and then looking for more. My kids have the same love affair with chocolate as I do. Well, since we are living clean it is not always easy to find chocolate goodies in its' purest form. It is almost all mass produced. Well...I came up with a chocolate strawberry ice cream. And it is delicous and healthy for you too. I got the "rolling of the eyes" delicious sign from the kids and I tried a spoonful and thought it was tasty as well. I made my own sugar free and almost fat free chocolate syrup to drizzle on top. I hope you try them and enjoy them as well. The recipes are as follows:


ICE CREAM:

1 cup homemade kefir (you could use plain greek yogurt)

1 1/2 cup frozen strawberries

1 dropperful of liquid chocolate stevia

1 Tbs. raw cacao powder

Blend in blender until well mixed and thick....if it gets too stuck add almond milk a tablespoon at a time.


CHOCOLATE SAUCE

1 cup water

1/3 cup raw cacao powder

1 cup xylitol ( 1/2 cup palm sugar, 1/2 cup dark agave)

1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract


Bring water, cacao powder and xylitol to a boil. Boil for 5 min. or until it begins to thicken. Remove from heat and add 1 Tb. of vanilla. Let cool. Pour on top of fresh fruit or ice cream.

No comments: