Front Porch Farming, Front Porch Cooking, Front Porch Schooling, Front Porch Nutrition

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Healthy Chocolate Gluten Free Pancakes

This morning was the first day back from a wonderful vacation the kids and I took out west. Everyone slept in as we enjoyed our own beds, smells and comforts. Things like that we take advantage of until we miss them. I made everyone chocolate pancakes. Now anybody who knows me knows I don't serve treats for breakfast. (I like treats-rules are after noontime). However, I love chocolate and I knew that in some way I could make this healthy too. They were a HUGE hit.

1 cup cottage cheese (Next time I will try kefir)
6 farm fresh eggs
1/2 c. almond milk
1/2 c. GF flour mix
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. coconut oil melted
dash of pink salt (pink salt is RAW salt-it has not been stripped of its minerals)
2 Tbs. raw cacao powder (antioxidant rich)
1 banana
1 Tbs. maca root powder (vitamin rich)


Mix in blender-pour on hot griddle. These make thin, crepe style pancakes. We loaded them with organic raw almond butter and agave. I think sliced bananas would have been a nicer addition, but ours were not ripe yet.

No comments: